Food Recall Warning – Enoki Mushroom recalled due to Listeria monocytogenes
- Product: Enoki Mushroom
- Companies: WK Produce
- Issue: Food – Microbial contamination – Listeria
- Category: Fruits and vegetables (Fresh)
- What to do: Do not consume, use, sell, serve, or distribute recalled products
- Audience: General public
- Recall class: Class 1
|None||Enoki Mushroom||150 g||6 950319 388884||All units sold up to and
including September 1, 2022
The affected product is being recalled from the marketplace due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
The recalled product has been sold in British Columbia, Alberta, and Ontario, and may have been distributed in other provinces and territories.
What you should do
- If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, contact your healthcare provider
- Check to see if you have recalled products
- Do not consume, serve, use, sell, or distribute recalled products
- Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the location where they were purchased
Food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Symptoms can include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness. Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are particularly at risk. Although infected pregnant women may experience only mild, flu-like symptoms, the infection can lead to premature delivery, infection of the newborn or even stillbirth. In severe cases of illness, people may die.