Food Recall Warning – UNREAL brand dark chocolate coconut minis recalled due to Salmonella.
Product photos are available: https://recalls-rappels.canada.ca/en/alert-recall/unreal-brand-dark-chocolate-coconut-minis-recalled-due-salmonella
- Brand: UNREAL
- Product: dark chocolate coconut minis
- Companies: Unreal Brands, Inc.
- Issue: Food – Microbial contamination – Salmonella
- Category: Candy, confectionery, snacks, and sweeteners
- What to do: Do not consume, use, sell, serve, or distribute recalled products
- Audience: General public
- Recall class: Class 2
|UNREAL||dark chocolate coconut minis||435 g||8 57484 00688 8
The affected product is being recalled from the marketplace due to possible Salmonella contamination.
The recalled product has been sold in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, and Labrador.
What you should do
- Contact your healthcare provider if you become sick from consuming a recalled product.
- Check to see if you have recalled products.
- Do not consume, serve, use, sell, or distribute recalled products
- Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the location where they were purchased
Food contaminated with Salmonella may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Young children, pregnant women, the elderly, and people with weakened immune systems may contract serious and sometimes deadly infections. Healthy people may experience short-term symptoms such as fever, headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal cramps, and diarrhea. Long-term complications may include severe arthritis.
This recall was triggered by the company.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
What is being done
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products.
The CFIA is verifying that the industry is removing recalled products from the marketplace.
SOURCE Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)